Terms of Service *
THE CELEBRANT AGREES
1. To provide Commonwealth Registered Marriage Celebrant services to the Clients in
accordance with the Code of Practice for Marriage Celebrants.
2. To attend and conduct the ceremony at the agreed time, date and place.
3. To purchase any songs or items required for rituals for the ceremony and bring them to
the rehearsal and ceremony (subject to (27) below).
4. To advise the Clients as soon as possible if the Celebrant is unable to conduct the
ceremony for any reason, and to make all reasonable efforts to arrange for the
ceremony to be completed by another registered marriage celebrant.
5. If the Celebrant is unable to perform the ceremony due to illness or other unforeseen
a. to refund to the Clients a negotiated amount or compensate the replacement
celebrant, whichever is appropriate, and
b. to pass the Notice of Intended Marriage to the replacement marriage celebrant,
in a timely and appropriate manner.
6. To incur the costs for alternative arrangements (e.g. taxi) if the Celebrant experiences
problems on her way to the wedding (e.g. traffic jam, flat tyre, car accident), in order to
arrive at the venue 20 minutes prior to the ceremony.
THE CLIENTS AGREE:
1. To pay the Celebrant’s fee in accordance with the Fee Schedule attached, namely:
a. the non-refundable booking fee (50%); and
b. the balance of the fee not less than one calendar month prior to the wedding
All monies are to be paid by direct deposit to the celebrant's nominated bank account
or by alternative method as agreed in writing with the Celebrant. NOTE: If full
payment has not been made to the Celebrant in accordance with these terms then
the Celebrant will not attend or conduct the ceremony.
2. That they have booked the Celebrant for a particular date, time and location, and to
advise the Celebrant immediately in writing of any change to the date, time or place of
3. If the date and/or time of the ceremony is changed, the booking fee will be held over to
the new date or time, and the quoted fee schedule will stand, so long as:
a. the new date and/or time is within 12 months of the original date AND
b. the Celebrant is available for the new date and/or time.
4. If the location of the ceremony is changed, the Celebrant reserves the right to review the
Fee Schedule and charge an additional travel fee if applicable.
5. In the event that the Celebrant is unable to conduct the ceremony due to the change in
date, time or location of the ceremony, the Celebrant reserves the right to terminate the
a. retain the non-refundable booking fee, and
b. if the ceremony draft has been emailed to the Clients at the time of the change,
the Celebrant may retain or charge an additional $300, and
c. if the change is post-rehearsal, the Celebrant reserves the right to retain or
charge an additional $20 paperwork expense fee.
NOTE: If the change is made on the wedding day and the Celebrant cannot
accommodate the change, no monies will be refunded.
6. If the ceremony is cancelled by the Clients:
a. less than a month before the ceremony date, no monies will be refunded.
b. more than a month before the ceremony date, all monies paid will be refunded
within five (5) business days except for:
i. the non-refundable booking fee, and
ii. if the ceremony draft has been emailed to the Clients at the time of the
change, the Celebrant may retain or charge an additional $300.
7. The Celebrant has explained, and they understand, the legal requirements for entering
into a valid marriage, and they agree to comply with their obligations as requested by the
8. To provide the Celebrant with accurate information, and acknowledge that the penalty
for making a false declaration is four years' imprisonment.
9. To provide the Celebrant with all original documentation requested no less than 48
hours prior to the wedding date, including any accredited translation documentation
requested by the Celebrant.
10. If they fail to provide all documentation requested to the Celebrant not less than 48
hours prior to the wedding date, as in (9), the ceremony cannot proceed and the
Celebrant will not attend.
11. Acknowledge that if the Celebrant is unable to perform the ceremony and a replacement
celebrant is arranged all original documents must also be sighted by the replacement
celebrant prior to the ceremony.
12. Where the Celebrant considers that prevailing weather conditions such as extreme heat,
fire, flood or storm in the vicinity of, or en route to, the proposed ceremony, pose a threat
to herself, her equipment and / or her motor vehicle, she reserves the right to move,
delay or not attend the ceremony until such threat has passed or been averted. Every
reasonable attempt will be made to attend and conduct the ceremony. Remedial action
may simply be detouring around the threat or providing shade for the bridal party and
13. If the ceremony is to be changed to the alternative venue due to inclement weather, one
of the Clients will inform the Celebrant personally by telephone (not via email or text
message), no less than three (3) hours prior to the ceremony to ensure the Celebrant
has sufficient time to travel to the alternative venue.
14. The Celebrant will take any steps she considers necessary to protect equipment,
documents and certificates if there is any risk of damage by rain or inclement weather or
15. The use of the Celebrant’s PA system is subject to favourable weather conditions and
will not be used in any circumstances where the unit may be exposed to harm by
persons or the elements. Judgement to be made at the Celebrant’s sole discretion.
16. The Celebrant undertakes to use her best endeavours to ensure that the PA is fully
charged, functional and tested prior to the ceremony. However the Clients acknowledge
that inanimate equipment may malfunction from time to time and should the PA fail at any time prior to, during or after the ceremony, through no fault of the Celebrant, the
Celebrant will not be held responsible.
17. If either of the Clients has not arrived by 30 minutes after the agreed start time, or if the
ceremony cannot proceed for any reason outside the Celebrant's control, the Celebrant
reserves the right to leave the place of the ceremony without conducting the ceremony.
18. In the event of the above occurrence (17), the Clients will liaise with the Celebrant to
mutually agree on a later time and place for the Celebrant to solemnise the marriage for
an extra fee, payable in advance.
19. In the event of the above occurrence (17), if the Celebrant remains at the venue and
solemnises the marriage, the Clients agree to pay an additional $50 for every 30
20. If the ceremony is delayed through no fault of the Celebrant, which results in the
Celebrant incurring extra charges such as parking fines, the Clients will pay the
Celebrant’s further costs.
21. The Celebrant accepts no liability for the late start of a ceremony due to the late arrival
of any of the Clients, their attendants or guests.
22. The Celebrant takes no responsibility for damage to property, personal injury or
disruptive behaviour of children/guests/the public prior to, during or after the ceremony.
The supervision of children attending the ceremony is a matter for the parent/s or carer/s
of the children in question. The behaviour of adult guests is the Clients' responsibility.
23. The Celebrant accepts no liability for the dissatisfaction of clients where the quality of the
ceremony is diminished due to disruptions resulting from the behaviour of children or
24. To advise the Celebrant as soon as practicable if either of them is taking prescribed
medication which may change their demeanour on their wedding day.
a. they will not arrive at the ceremony appearing to be inebriated or under the
influence of any other substance.
b. judgement as to inebriation of the Clients being under the influence of alcohol or
any other substance is at the Celebrant’s sole discretion.
NOTE: The Celebrant is not lawfully authorised to solemnise the marriage under
26. To nominate two official witnesses aged 18 years or over and who appear sober and not
under the influence of any other substance, at the sole judgement of the Celebrant,
otherwise alternative official witnesses must be used.
27. It is the Clients' responsibility to meet the costs of all purchases made by the Celebrant
of items required for the ceremony e.g. items for symbolic rituals.
28. If the Clients fail to communicate any information requested by the Celebrant regarding
their ceremony (after the ceremony draft has been reviewed) by no less than 72 hours
prior to the ceremony, decisions regarding the content of the ceremony will be left to the
discretion of the Celebrant.
29. The Celebrant may use photos from the ceremony and testimonials in promotional
material, on her website and Facebook page, and in other marketing collateral/websites.